IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Socks and slippers and slipper socks, oh my! Our favorite fuzzy footwear to keep your feet warm

Chilly tootsies, be gone!
Fuzzy socks by a warm fire
Johner Images / Getty Images

Winter is on the horizon and temperatures have already begun their steep decline. If you haven't already, you should probably start preparing for some brisk temperatures over the next few months. I broke out my favorite cold weather accessory as soon as I felt that first chill in the air. No, it's not candles or jewelry or even pumpkin spice lattes — even though all of those things are great. It's actually fuzzy socks!

I would wear fuzzy socks all year long if it didn't mean sweating profusely during the warmer months. I've amassed quite the collection of these cozy socks and slippers over the years — and I look forward to expanding it every time a new winter rolls around.

Whether you're a seasoned warm footwear aficionado or are just looking to stock up, we scoured the internet for some of the best-reviewed fuzzy socks, slippers and sandals. Plus, we shared a few favorites of our own.

Socks | Slipper socks | Slippers and sandals

Best fuzzy socks, according to editors and shoppers

Gap Factory Cozy Socks

Senior SEO editor Jess Bender says she bought these socks "on a whim" a few years ago and is pleasantly surprised at how they've held up over the years! "I can confirm that they're extremely toasty," she says.

Universal Thread Cozy Marled Crew Socks

For under $10, you can get two pairs of fuzzy socks! They have a near-perfect five-star rating and have received rave reviews for how comfortable they are, as well as how much the quality holds up after several washes.

Old Navy Cozy Crew Socks

Old Navy is full of warm and cozy essentials like pajama pants, sweatshirts and — of course — fuzzy socks. These bestselling plush chenille socks come in sets of three with designs ranging from classic fair isle prints to sneaky Santas.

Azue Fuzzy Warm Socks

Build your fuzzy sock collection with a pair for every day of the week! This pack features seven pairs of socks in seven different colors. The top-rated set has almost 9,000 verified five-star ratings.

DYW Animal Fuzzy Socks

Have fun with your fuzzy socks by adding these animal pairs to your drawer. This set comes with five pairs of animal designs, but there are 11 other options of patterned and plain pairs to choose from if you’re not feeling the wildlife look. One five-star reviewer bought them as a gag gift for their wife but was surprised by how comfortable they were!

Northeast Outfitters Rib Crew Cozy Cabin Cuffed Socks

After being gifted these two years ago, I immediately became obsessed and ran to buy four more pairs. They are not only very comfortable but immediately warm your feet — perfect for the person who's always cold.

Barefoot Dreams Cozychic Heathered Socks

“Cozychic” is literally the best way to describe these fuzzy socks from Barefoot Dreams. They’re non-binding so your feet can move freely without restriction, making them an ideal option for sleeping on those colder nights.

These socks are a favorite of Shop TODAY editorial director Adrianna Brach who says it also makes a good gift!

Ugg Pom Pom Fleece-Lined Crew Sock

Pom poms adorn these fleece-lined crew socks for a cute twist on a wintertime staple. Reviewers can’t get enough of them with Amazon reviewers raving about how warm and comfortable they are.

Lake Cashmere Socks

While these socks may not appear fuzzy at first glance, former Shop TODAY associate editor Fran Sales says they are "the softest and cutest socks she has ever owned" and that she alternates between those and slippers at home.

Best fuzzy slipper socks, according to shoppers

Faux Fur Cozy Pull-On Slipper Socks

You won’t have to worry about slipping and sliding all over thanks to these jelly grip slipper socks. These pull-on slipper socks are the perfect combination of slipper and sock. Reviewers raved about how comfortable they are and how often they wear them — one five-star reviewer even said they never take them off unless they’re in the wash!

Old Navy Slipper Socks

Achieve peak comfort with these super cozy slipper socks from Old Navy. They come in a variety of plaids and other patterns that are perfect for the holidays or any other day! Reviewers agree that these socks are great for keeping your feet extra warm.

Cuddl Duds Slipper Socks

This classic snowflake print is perfect for lounging around the house during the holidays. Grippers on the bottom help keep you from slipping and sliding on any potentially slippery surfaces. Don’t forget to use code GOGET20 at checkout to save an additional 20% off the sale price, making these slippers just under $9.

Snoozies Slippers

There are over 30 different graphic options you can choose from when it comes to these popular slippers with nearly 18,000 verified five-star ratings, including a dachshund, elephant, flamingo and fox.

Best fuzzy slippers and sandals, according to editors and shoppers

Stars Above Paris Crossband Faux Fur Slippers

These slippers are a favorite of production coordinator Camryn Privette who has used these for the past 4+ years and still calls them her go-to. "They’re super soft and last a while considering their price point and how often I wear them," she says.

NineCiFun Fuzzy House Slippers

Sink your feet into these comfortable memory foam house slippers that are perfect for lazy days. They're available in several different colors including pink, purple, blue, brown and red. With over 22,000 verified five-star ratings, shoppers were excited to share their love for these shoes. Note: Many reviews mentioned that you should size up if you want a roomier fit.

Dearfoams Beth Furry Foldover Boot Slipper

These furry boot slippers have an over four-and-a-half star average rating from Amazon shoppers. Perfect for anyone who's always cold or just colder days in general, the folded part flips up to give you more leg coverage and warmth. They're available in four different colors.

Dearfoams Mama Bear Scuff Slippers

Shuffling around the house has never been more comfortable than with these cushioned sherpa slippers. Everyone in the family can get in on the cozy fun with papa bear and lil bear slippers.

Fireside by Dearfoams Women's Sydney Slipper

These are some of my favorite fuzzy slippers ever. I love them so much, I got them in two colors! They come in over a dozen different colors — I have a pair in black and another in the pictured pink — and will warm you up in next to no time.

Crocs Classic Lined Clog

For a furry slipper you can use both indoors and out, you can't go wrong with the classic lined clog. The traditional rubber shoe is enhanced with a soft, fuzzy lining that provides you additional comfort and warmth. Besides, who doesn't love Crocs?

Manitobah Tipi Moccasin

These have been another personal favorite of mine for much of the past year. They're meant to be worn indoors so they're the perfect house slippers to slip into when you walk in the door. They even come in six colors!

L.L. Bean Wicked Good Genuine Shearling Moccasin Slipper

These L.L. Bean slippers have durable rubber outsoles, so you can wear them on the short trips outside in addition to lounging around the house. The classic moccasin style helps them pair easily with jeans or joggers. They come in 10 different colors, including a dark red that is perfect for getting into the holiday spirit.